Friday, June 24, 2011

June is almost over!

And where have I been, you may ask?

Still here, of course, but unfortunately consumed with other things. For starters, the A/C in my temporary house went out June 5, and it did not get fixed until TODAY. Yes that's right, a grand total of 18 days of no A/C in 90+ degree weather.

Needless to say, Jennings and I had to bounce from friend to friend's house over the last few weeks, and we event spent three nights in hotels. So life has been a little out of sorts, lately. I probably won't get back to my new "normal" until I get back from my beach trip next Wednesday, and maybe not even until that weekend after working tow days. Sigh.

All of that happened right as I started my grand plan to sell cookie baskets to raise funds for the tornado. I had about 7 orders right away, but it got increasingly harder to do them when I had to use someone else's kitchen. Also, I had someone say that the icing had melted in the process of shipping, so I have decided to refocus my efforts on getting the rest of my goal locally. The baskets are still listed on Etsy to ship, but order at your own risk with the heat we have been having!

Anyway, in other news, I have started UA's Summer Slimdown program. I go to a group exercise class twice a week and get to see a nutritionist every other week. So far, I have only met with the nutritionist once, and she told me a whole lot of things I already knew: I'm overweight, I should get my weight under control now because of my family's history of high blood pressure and diabetes, I need to exercise more and eat healthier foods. So our first session, I had a mini-meltdown. I would go into detail, but suffice to say that I just overwhelmed.

But now, a few weeks into the program, I am feeling better. I could not make class a few times due to work-related things, but I was still able to work out to make up for my classes missed. It has been really nice to have nice people supporting me too. One of the trainers even came to work out with me today since I missed, and let me borrow her watch so I could keep my times right. It's pretty rare that people will just willingly and unselfishly give like that. I have hope that the way they have encouraged me so far will help me keep on track.

As part of this process, I was encouraged to make a list of goals for myself. Not all related to a number - weight, clothing size, etc. - but more so things I'd like to do, or ways I'd like to see myself. I'm really taking that to heart and will be working on that this week.

And since I can't do anything without making it pretty or organized, I'm thinking I may splurge on something I have been eyeing on paper-source.com. It is a scrapbook/journal called a smash book. Here's a cute little video about them:




I think it is good for people like me who are constantly having ideas, but have no real way of organizing them. Also I am very visually oriented and like to make things look aesthetically pleasing. So as soon as these babies are back in stock, this girl is gonna get one. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment