Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Life lately....

has been a bit hectic. Summer came and went, and now I am knee deep in school and work. In the midst of this, of course, WW has not been a priority. As much as I don't want to do this, here are the numbers:

Weight: 147 pounds
Pounds gained (since last blog post): +6.2
Total pounds lost: 15 pounds
Pounds to lose: 15 pounds

There are a number of reasons why my weight has trended up, most of which involve me not focusing on my weight loss and making poor food choices. It's crazy how I could get so close to 25 pounds lost, and just like that I can gain like 10 pounds of it back. That is the trouble with this journey, it is full of surprises. it's easy to get down when things are going this way and I'm too busy to refocus. But I have to find a way to do it. one change is I have altered by goal to lose 30 pounds. I'm not going to try to get to a certain weight, just get down 30 pounds. So with this in mind, i have changed my "pounds to lose" number, and it looks like I am halfway there.

In other news, my job is officially posted. This day has been coming for a while, but it is weird to think of interviewing and hiring someone to replace me. I've worked at this job longer than my other post-college jobs, and I finally feel like i have it figured out. There is a small part (a very small part) of me that imagines what things would be like if i were staying here and not teaching. It could be a very good life. But I am really looking forward to the life I am trying to build for myself as a teacher, and that means I have to make some changes.

Also, I have gotten a second job at Shelton State Community College, where I tutor people three nights a week. If all goes well, then I will have this job after Christmas, which will be a huge financial relief. I really like it so far. It's giving me some valuable experience working one on one with students.

So that's the news with me - until next time (which may be Christmas, for all I know!)

1 comment:

  1. awh, kel. don 't get down on yourself about everything. Right now is a crazy time. you can pull through. I've been pretty stressed out too with work but I'm really trying my hardest not to get overwhelmed, and remember to stop and breathe. I think I am getting there, slowly. there's still so many changes I want to make for myself and my lifestyle too. I am here for you and i love you! can't wait till our next video hangout :)

    ReplyDelete