Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Still here, believe it or not!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post to say I'm still around, just been very busy with school/work/life. Classes are over for the semester, but I still have a few things to finish up to get my final grade in one of my classes. I was fortunate enough to have a teacher who would work with me on some things. Working my job and being a full time graduate student has not been easy these last few months. I am actually looking forward to next semester so that I can only take two classes and be in the office more.

In other school related news, since I will be finished with school in exactly one year, Jennings and I are making plans for what to do after that. Originally I thought I may be able to take a leave from my job for a semester and then come back in the spring, but that's not going to work out. So I will be looking for teaching jobs starting in January 2014, which means we will likely go ahead and relocate to Fairhope, which has been our plan anyway. It's pretty scary to think about, but also exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

In WW news, I am still going to meetings, but have been up and down on the scale. I am still chasing down that 10 percent loss, and based on the weigh-in last week I am only 1.2 pounds away (need to get to 16 pounds!). I will weigh in tomorrow, so we will see. It has been pretty tough to keep up with WW and all the stress from school, but that doesn't mean I'm quitting. I have just revised my timeline and my expectations. Here are the numbers:

Weight: 147.2 pounds
Pounds lost (since October): .6
Total pounds lost: 14.8 pounds
Pounds to lose: 22.2 pounds

My ultimate goal is to get to goal weight by next August so I can be a FREE Lifetime Member and not have to pay for WW while I'm student teaching - since I won't have an income at that time (scary!). So that is about 30 weeks to lose a little over 20 pounds. If I lose a pound a week - it should happen - wish me luck!

I wish there were some more exciting things for me to share, but unfortunately not much going on with me except the daily grind. Hope y'all are doing well!


No comments:

Post a Comment