Friday, December 21, 2012

I finally got to my 10 percent!

Hurrah - I can finally say I reached my 10 percent goal in WW! I originally thought I could get there back in September, but then life got in the way. With full time school and full time work, WW really took a back seat. I never gained more than a pound or two back, but I didn't lose much either. So at this last weigh in on Thursday, it was such a relief to realize I finally got there! Here are the numbers:

Weight: 145.4 pounds
Pounds lost this week: 1.8
Total pounds lost: 16.6 pounds
Pounds to lose: 20.4 pounds

One of the best parts about this goal is that I got a little WW key chain (yes, I respond to tokens like an elementary school child) and they passed around to everyone at the meeting because they have all been a part of my weight loss journey. It was very touching moment.

So my next goals involve losing half of what is left for my ultimate goal: 10 pounds. An aggressive goal would be to have that lost by February 28 (10 weeks), but with the holidays around the corner and a new semester to adjust to, I think a more reasonable time frame would be by Spring Break, which starts on March 23. So that is 13 weeks to lose 10 pounds. I'm going to need a lot of encouragement and determination to stick with it.

I know talking about weight loss around the holidays is a bit ridiculous, but for the first time in my life, when I sit down to write New Year's resolutions, I know that one of them I have already put some serious effort into, and that is a good feeling.

If any of you out there are hoping to do the same, I know you can do it. You just have to decided to make it a priority. And I have to say, success is one of the best feelings there is, especially when you know you worked hard!

Happy Holidays everybody =)

No comments:

Post a Comment