Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A small loss and ...I need a vacation!

So yesterday was another weigh-in, so you lucky readers out there get to see another set of numbers that probably only matter to me - sorry!

Weight: 153.6 pounds
Pounds lost this week: -.2
Total pounds lost: 8.4 pounds
Pounds to lose: 33.6 pounds

So I only lost .2 pounds, but that is still a loss. I think there are a few factors at play. For one, I made some bad food choices toward the end of the week, i.e. FIVE GUYS. I have been telling myself the whole time I've been on Weight Watchers that I just shouldn't go there. There are too many points in the foods there, and is it really worth it? I have been able to stave off any cravings, but on Friday, that just didn't happen. We got Five Guys for dinner. I did make some modifications, such as no cheese no bacon on my hamburger (even though I love both of those things) and only ate about half the fries I normally would. But even with the sensible changes, afterward I still felt like I had let myself down. I thought that it would be so satisfying to eat that hamburger.

But here's the truth: It wasn't.

So here I am, nearly nine weeks in and I'm still learning about my food habits. It's still amazing to me how food can still have a hold over me. I know this is something I will always struggle with.

The other factor at play is that fact that there was no karate last week. Tuesday was the day before Fourth of July, and their office let out early, so class was cancelled. Also Thursday, only three of us showed up, which is not much of a class, so again, class cancelled. I only went to the workout once last week because Tuesday I had a work meeting during the workout time and I hadn't woken up early enough to go to the 6 am session.

I'm hoping to go back to being active this week and see some real progress. I notice that when I plan foods and just eat within my point limits, I tend to get more done both at work and with school. I think if I don't do those things, there is just always this underlying stress going on and it affects my ability to do good work.

So what challenges do you face when it comes to food/diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment