Monday, July 9, 2012

Yes, I'm still alive - just been a little busy!

Hi everyone,

Sorry to break my streak of posting every week, but as usual life got in the way! Between summer classes and several things going on at work, blogging has fallen kind of low on the totem pole. I'm going to try to remedy that soon.

First things first, some good news to report on the weight loss front! Since I last posted, I have continued to lose weight. Here are the numbers:

Weight: 153.8 pounds
Pounds lost (two weeks): -1.6
Total pounds lost: 8.2 pounds
Pounds to lose: 33.8 pounds

I have continued to track all of my food and I have increased my activity level. The Summer Slimdown program at the gym and also an intense karate testing have really helped me keep on track. There are only 4 more weeks of the Summer Slimdown, so I am going to try to focus on getting in some more gym time while I still have access to the Rec Center.

Also, I reached my 5 percent goal in Weight Watchers. This is pretty cool, because it represents a benchmark in weight loss. Doctors say if you lose 5 percent of your body weight, you already reduce your risk of health problems - and that is what this whole journey has been about! So because I reached this goal, I have started to reflect on some changes over the last 8 or so weeks. Most of them are small, and only things I would notice, but I am incredibly proud of the fact that there are any changes at all. As I have mentioned before, I have tried plenty of things to lose weight, but could never stick with anything. And I have stuck with this for over 8 weeks! I even went into Old Navy over the weekend to try on some shorts just to see if my size had changed any. I am happy to report that I dropped two sizes! =)

So anyway, for all of you out there who are on a weight loss journey, or even on a personal journey, just stick with it. If you do, you can expect to see some results!

Over and out.




No comments:

Post a Comment