Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Speed bump

So I am a little sad to report that for the first time in nine weeks, I gained instead of lost. It was only a small gain, but that was all I needed to see that I had not been really sticking to my WW plan. here are the (regrettable) numbers:

Weight: 147.8 pounds
Pounds lost this week: +1.4
Total pounds lost: 14.2 pounds
Pounds to lose: 22.8 pounds

Also, due to my incredibly hectic work and school schedule this semester,I have decided to take a hiatus from karate. I am a little sad about this, because I was just about to test for my brown belt (it would have been today, actually). But, if I did not make any changes, I was headed toward a mental break down for sure.

So the only thing I can try harder. People always use the expression "one day at a time," and I would always just sort of nod and go on about life, but I am one of those people who is totally guilty of getting bogged down in either the past or planning for the future. So I am trying to do this one day at a time. Most days that's all I have the energy for.

Tomorrow is another weigh-in. I have switched to Thursdays, and I still don't really know how I feel about having the weekend all at the beginning of my week. I think I was more successful with it at the end of the week. But this is how things will be for now.

Also, Saturday, I am doing a 5k, called the Color Run. Have you heard of these? I think it will be really fun: Hopefully I'll get some cool pictures to share =)

 

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I want to do a color run! I think it's totally realistic just to give yourself a mental break. I have to confess, I have plateaued too a bit and didn't weigh in last week. I have just been so busy that I haven't been making the time to focus on eating right like I was before. So I got to like 5.2lbs and we are 16 days from the wedding now!! don't want to be on WW on the honeymoon, I don't think that's really fair or fun. But when we get back i'm all back in again and trying to lose 5-10 more lbs!

    ReplyDelete