Monday, May 7, 2012

One week down

So I have officially been doing Weight Watchers for one week. I am happy to report that I tracked my points each day, and I feel really good about sticking to the plan. I have my next weigh-in this evening, so I will update the post with my progress.

I have to say the biggest challenge so far has been deciphering what I thought was hunger from boredom. There were several points during the week (especially right after work or right before bed) where I was on the couch, and normally I would have gotten a snack because I thought I was hungry. But now, since I have to track everything that I eat, I really thought about it, and most of the time it wasn't hunger at all. It's strange how our minds can trick us into these things.

I also think another point that I am guilty of eating at is if I've had a bad day. In my mind, I rationalize the situation and say "I had a sucky day, I'm going to just eat this now because I deserve to." And that's not really how I should be thinking. I need to find other ways to cope with bad days. I also need to give myself some positive reinforcement. If I have a good day, or a good week, or reach a goal, why not reward myself in another way besides food? I will have to think about these things and how I can actually make them work, but I am optimistic.

The other thing to be excited about is that my spring semester is over, and I will have a one month break from school. I get really happy when summer comes in Tuscaloosa, because the city is actually nice to live in. With oh.... 25,000 +/- fewer people on the roads and crowding up every store, restaurant, and bar it's actually nice to be here. Don't get me wrong, those students help pay for my salary, but it's nice to have a little bit of a break!

Anyways, off to work for now and will update with my weight later!

*Update*

Yay! I made progress!

Weight: 160 pounds
Pounds lost: 2 pounds
Pounds to lose: 40 pounds
Weeks to go: 20 weeks

2 comments:

  1. yay Kel I am so proud of you! I'm officially joining Friday when I get paid, and hope to attend my first meeting before we leave for hangout fest. I know it's only a week but 2 lbs is great!!! And like you said it seems easy...i'm gonna download the app and all on my phone, we can do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I'm excited for you to join too!

      Delete